1. The present situation is very complex, so I think it will take me some time to ______ its reality.
A. make up
B. figure out
C. look through
D. put off
- How did you like Nick’s performance last night?
o be honest, his singing didn’t _______ to me much.
3. New technologies have made _______ possible to turn out new products faster at
a lower cost.
4. After graduating from college, I took some time off to go traveling, _______ turned out to be a wise decision.
5. Only when you can find peace in your heart ________ good relationships with others.
A. will you keep
B. you will keep
C. you kept
D. did you keep
6. I was so excited at the news that I could hardly ________ my feeling in words.
7. We can visit your company on Monday or Tuesday; our plans are fairly _______.
8. I’ve become good friends with several of the students ______ I met in the E nglish speech contest last year.
9. Mr. White showed his students some old maps _______ from the library.
A. to borrow
B. to be borrowed
10. If we _______ adequate (充足的) preparations, the conference wouldn’t have been so successful.
A. haven’t made
B. wouldn’t make
C. didn’t make
D. hadn’t made
11. The parents felt helpless when they found their son had been _______ to computer games.
12. Inflation(通货膨胀) is having _______ disastrous effect on the economy, so the new tax rates come into _______ effect from April.
A. /; an
B. a; an
C. a. /
D. /; /
13. ________ the bad weather we enjoyed our holiday.
B. In spite of
C. Because of
D. According to
14. _______ around the fire, the tourists danced with the local people.
B. To gather
D. To be gathering
15. Everyone in the village is very friendly. It doesn’t matter _____ you have lived there for a short or a long time.