I. Listening Comprehension (25分)
Section A Short conversations
Directions: In section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers in your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. At 2:00 p.m. B. At 1:00 p.m. C. At 3:30 p.m. D. At 1:30 p.m.
2. A. A glass of water. B. A cup of tea. C. A cup of coffee. D. Nothing.
3. A. Train tickets. B. Plane tickets. C. Bus tickets. D. Ship tickets.
4. A. India. B. Thailand. C. Japan. D. Korea.
5. A. The woman. B. The man.
C. The man’s wife. D. Both the man and his wife.
6. A. At a train station. B. On the train. C. In London. D. At the office.
7. A. A red T-shirt. B. A green T-shirt. C. A blue T-shirt. D. A yellow T-shirt.
8. A. 120 yuan. B. 160 yuan. C. 200 yuan. D. 220 yuan.
9. A. She can’t lend her bike to the man.
B. She will use her bike tomorrow afternoon.
C. She will lend her bike to the man this afternoon.
D. She will lend her bike to the man tomorrow afternoon.
10. A. Sports. B. Movies. C. Music. D. Action movies.
Directions: In Section B, you will hear several longer conversations and short passages, and you will be asked several questions on each of the conversations and the passages. The conversations and the passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. Where animals lived. B. Where soil was rich.
C. Where food was available. D. Where tools were stored.
12. A. They carried all their possessions on their backs.
B. They stored some of their possessions in caves.
C. They threw unnecessary possessions away.
D. They stored the possessions in the desert.
13. A. Large. B. Dark. C. Clean. D. Dusty.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. She is 27 years old. B. She has been teaching for three years.
C. She wants to do something else. D. She teaches in a middle school.
15. A. They can’t afford their lunch. B. Most of their families are poor.
C. Most of them are homeless. D. They often write letters to the teachers.
16. A. The beautiful sunrise in New Mexico.
B. A kindergarten teacher’s life in New Mexico.
北京市第四中学2017-2018学年高一上学期期中考试英语试题 - 北京四中 2017-2018 学年上学期高中一年级期中考试英语试卷 试卷满分为 150 分,含卷面分 5 分;考试...[本文更多相关]