1. What was the weather like yesterday?
2. What does Heather do?
A. She is a teacher.
B. She is a writer .
C. She is a doctor.
3. At what time was the fire put out?
A. Two o’clock.
B. Four o’clock.
C. Five o’clock.
4. How will the woman go to the store?
A. By bus.
B. On foot.
C. By taxi.
5. What does the woman mean?
A. She doesn’t care how the movie ended.
B. She’d rather see a horror film next time.
C. She generally dislikes that type of movie.
6. Where is the man’s mother now?
A. In the hospital.
B. At home.
C. In the office.
7. Why will the man ask for a week off?
A. He has to see a doctor.
B. He needs to look after his mother.
C. He hasn’t hired anyone to help him yet.
8. What does the woman think of the man?
A. He is thoughtful.
B. He is helpful to her.
C. He is a successful man.
9. Where is the bank?
A. Near a bus stop.
B. Across from a supermarket.
C. Next to a bookstore.
10. How far away is the bank?
A. Two blocks away.
B. Three blocks away.
C. Fourteen blocks away.
11. Which of the following does the man choose to take?
A. Bus No.104.
B. Streetcar B-201.
C. Streetcar B-102.
12. What do we know about the man?
A. He got a raise .
B. He just got a new job .
C. He moved into a new house.
13. What kind of TV set does the woman suggest?
A. A small one.
B. A big one.
C. A cheap one.
14. Why does the woman give the man such a suggestion?
A. Prices will go up soon.
B. New products come out every year.
C. His living room isn’t very big.
15. What was in the woman’s dream?
A. Her physics teacher.
B. An apple tree.
C. A new house.
16. Why did the woman have the dream, according to the man?
A. She was hungry.
B. She studied too hard.
C. She exercised too much.
17. What can we learn about the man?
A. He never remembers his dreams.
B. He knows French better than English.
C. He once had the same experience as the woman.
18. What does the phrase “a stone’s throw away” probably mean?
A. Far away.
B. Close by.
C. Hard to find.
19. Why did Mr. Brown decide to have a look at the house?
A. The house was very cheap.
B. The house was very big.
C. The house was in a good location.
20. What can we learn from this talk?
A. Mr. Brown bought the house in the country.
B. Mr. Brown thought the housing agent had lied.
C. Mr. Brown thought the house was closer to the city.
Professional development courses in London
Delivery method: Online, Video
About the course: Many people get blocked when forced to put their thoughts into words at work. This course gives you the tools and techniques to improve your writing, whether it’s a two-line email or a two-hundred-page report.
●Travel writing courses
Delivery method: Classroom, Seminar
Price: ￡115 (full day); ￡125 (evening class)
About the course: Do you want to be a travel writer? Then come along to a one-day travel writing workshop or a four-week travel writing evening class. The courses help participants to write travel features and publish them in newspapers, magazines or on websites.
●Pre-sessional programmes in EAP
Delivery method: Classroom, Seminar
Price: Starting from ￡1,250
About the course: Our five pre-sessional programmes in English for academic purposes are intended for international students who plan to study at Aston
河北省武邑中学2018-2019学年高三下学期第一次模拟考试英语试题 - 众志成城 卧虎藏 龙地豪 气干云 秣马砺 兵锋芒 尽露披 星戴月 时书香 盈耳含 英咀华 ...[本文更多相关]
河北省武邑中学2018-2019学年高三下学期第六次模拟考试英语试题+Word版含答案 - 2018-2019 学年 第一部分 听力(共两节,满分 30 分) 第一节(共 5 小题;每...[本文更多相关]
河北省武邑中学2018-2019学年高二上学期英语每日小练66 - 2018-2019 学 年高二年级 每日小练 第第 姓名 第 66 期 班级 学号 While many countr...[本文更多相关]
河北省武邑中学2018_2019学年高二英语上学期寒假作业8 - 河北省武邑中学 2018-2019 学年高二英语上学期寒假作业 8 第一节 阅读理解(共 7 小题;每小题 2 分...[本文更多相关]