1. How much is the green one?
2. Why does the woman read a magazine?
A. She likes it.
B. She has nothing else to do.
C. She wants to improve(提高)her English.
3. Who runs the fastest?
4. Where is the man?
A. At home.
B. In the library.
C. In the bookshop.
5. How far is it from the third stop to the hospital?
A. About fi ve minutes’ ride.
B. About five minutes’ walk.
C. About ten minutes’ walk.
6. How old is the girl?
A. Twenty years old.
B. Twenty six years old.
C. Sixteen years old.
7. What does the girl enjoy most?
8. Where do the speakers probably live?
A. In the United States.
B. In Venezuela.
C. In Australia.
9. What’s the best thing to buy in Venezuela?
B. Books .
10. What do the two speakers likely want to do?
A. Talk to the Browns.
B. Go to Venezuela for a trip.
C. Learn English. 听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
11. What are they talking about?
A. The man’s trip to New York.
B. The woman’s trip to New Yo rk.
C. The woman’s meeting.
12. What did the woman see in New York?
A. The New York Library.
B. The New York City Park.
C. The Statue of Liberty.
13. What advice did the woman give the man?
A. Visit New York in spring or autumn.
B. Visit New York in summer.
C. Visit the Statue of Liberty(自由女神像).
14. What was the woman’s main purpose in going to New York?
A. To visit an American family.
B. To learn English.
C. To go sightseeing.
15. When did the woman come back from America?
A. On July 5th.
B. On June 5th.
C. On August 25th.
16. What in particular did the woman like about the American classes?
A. The teachers were serious.
B. The students were quite free.
C. Listening, reading, speaking and writing were all taught.
17. What has just happened to Sarah?
A. She has just made some good friends.
B. She has finished her middle school.
C. She has moved to a new place.
18.What is Sarah like according to the writer?
A. She is smart.
B. She is pretty.
C. She is shy.
19. What is Sarah’s problem?
A. She has difficulty in developing skills.
B. She has difficulty in making friends.
C. She has difficulty in finding her school.
20. What does the writer suggest that parents should do?
A. Let their children know their shortcomings(缺点).
B. Set good examples(树立好的榜样) in their life to their children.
C. Always be with their children.
21. The city of Wuxi has ______ history of more than 3,000 years and it will keep
its glory and have _______ bright future.
A. a; a
B. a; the
C. the; the
D. the; a
22. As a new boss in the foreign company, Mr. Zhang has to ______ the respect of his fellow workers.
23. On New Year’s Eve, a big fire swept through a top nightclub in Bangkok,__________
at least 60 people, most of__________ were foreigners.
A. having killed; them
B. killed; who
C. killing; them
D. killing; whom
24. It will be a great _________ for Chinese film industry if the movie Go Away, Mr.
Tumor win the Best Foreign Language Film in 88th Academy Awards.
25. Edward was excited to be informed that his wife __________ his children __________
invited to the party with him.
A. and; was
B. together with; were
C. as well as; was
D. along with; were
26. People often have a strange feeling when _______ the past life, thinking of those they leave behind.
A. looking forward to
B. looking out for
C. looking up to
D. looking back on
27. The doctor refused to use traditional Chinese herbal medicine, __________ he
was not sure about.
A. whose side effects
B. the side effects of whose
B. of which side effects D. side effects of which
28. ________ you are unwilling to study abroad, why not start a small business with me after graduation?
A. Now that
B. Even though
C. Ever since
D. As if
29. It is no use regretting __________harder. Cheer up and move on. As the saying goes, “Better late than never.”
A. not to study
B. not having studied
C. to not study
D. having not study
30. I found the homework was not so heavy as ______ I _____ to get in my old school.
A. that; was used
B. what; used
C. which; used
D. that; used
31. ---Why are you so angry with your brother?
---I _____ for the math test since I got up, but he is always interrupting me by asking
A. have prepared
B. have been preparing
C. had prepared
D. had been preparing
32. Welcome to Jurassic Park, __________ you will spend a thrilling weekend with all
kinds of dinosaurs.
C. in that
33. ---John could hardly play the violin when we knew him, ________ he?
---No, but he plays it well now.
34.The farmers needed ____ agricultural technology. Therefore, ____ skilled workers
were sent there.
A. a great number of; a large amount of
B. a large amount of; a great deal
C. a large amount of; a great number of
D. a great many; a great number of
35. --- Mike, can you do 20 press-ups in two minutes?
--- __________. I can do 40!
A. Don’t pull my leg
B. Don’t be a wet blanket
C. Don’t be a black sheep
D. It’s child’s play
I live in Albuquerque and I used to give much money to the homeless around, feeling sorry for their misfortune(不幸). But later I became a single mom with no home, a huge 36 and hardly any income. 37 , I stopped giving and became very bitter (痛苦).
Several years later, things started to 38 . I became 39 enough to have a home, and 40 a backyard, and I started to pull myself out of debt. One day we saw a homeless person with the 41 , “ Will work for food. ” I 42. My daughter asked why I no longer helped the people in 43 . I replied, “ Honey, they just use that money for 44 or other bad things. ” She didn’t respond. But when I said that, it didn’t feel right.
Three days later, I was 45 to pick up my daughter from school. A man was standing on the corner and something deep inside 46 me to help him. So I stopped my car , and he ran over with enthusiasm. He said, “ God bless you, I only need 77 cents. ”
I 47 into my ashtray and 48 enough, there was three quarters and two pennies.
Greatly shocked by this 49 , I gave him all the money in the ashtray. He 50 with joy and tears in his eyes, “ You just made it51 for me to see my mom for Christmas ! The bus offering this great sale is 52 ri ght away ! ” It was a moment I’ll never forget. I think that man won’t forget it either, but I was the one who got the best 53 in life giving. It also 54 me that nothing is a coincidence(巧合), 55 everything has meaning.
36 . A. debt B
income D. pressure
37 . A. In fact B
In a word C
As a result D. All in all
38 A. develop B
. worsen C
show D. change
39 . A. unfortunate B
generous D. unsuccessful
40 . A. even B
yet D. only
41 . A. word B
sign D. letter
42 . A. got to B
walked to C
passed in D. passed by
43 . A. emergency B
need D. panic
44 . A. food B
medicine D. music
江苏省临泽中学2018-2019学年高一上学期期中考试语文试卷(精校Word版含答案)_...(一)论述类文本阅读(本题共 3 小题,9 分) 阅读下面的文字,完成 1~3 题...[本文更多相关]