21.—You keep so many books!
—Reading is to the mind ________ exercise is to the body.
22.Before we can print this book, you will have to _______ all the dirty words.
B. cut out
C. cut off
D. cut down
23. That’s all for today’s programme. Please stay _______ to CCTV International’s
Chinese Channel this time next week.
24. —What impresses you most when you visit the Acropolis?
—______ it is that has brought the former grand palace into today’s terrible
25. To break the ice, Lawrence _______ his interest in mountain climbing and soon
a conversation flowed freely.
A. touched on
B. calculated on
C. decided on
26. After working there for five years, John is about to leave the company whose
future the recent downturn in sales ______ doubt on.
A. has been cast
B. will be cast
C. has cast
D. will cast
27. Scientists have been _______ the temperature of the oceans to see how it changes
over a period of time.
28. The city has changed a lot these years. George _______ well not find his way
to the house where he lived a decade ago.
29. Echo is always complaining about her job as a cashier, but in fact it’s really
_______ to obtain a position in such a big company.
30. Too little _________ was given to this problem. Otherwise it would have been solved.
31. Both Jack and his wife were at the initial stage of their careers at that time,
so only once in a while _______ to see their parents.
A. they went
B. would they go
C. they would go
D. did they go
32. The only sign of life________ an ugly-looking black goat tied to a tree in a
field nearby, the village seemed _________
A. was; abandoned B .been; rejected C. being; deserted D.to be; declined
33. Ann could have turned up for the interview on time that morning, but she ________
in heavy traffic on the way.
A. would be caught
B. had been caught
C. was caught
D. was being caught
34. —It seems you’ve extremely satisfied with your present job, right?
—Yeah! A job, for me, _______ I can apply what I’ve learnt, is a perfect one.
A .which B. whether C. where D. that
35.—No matter how hard I tried to persuade her, she wou ldn’t listen.
__ Don’t worry._________.
A .It’s her field B. Let me have a go C. Let me be D. You are kidding
Throughout my life, I have had many different experiences that have taught me
useful life lessons, encouraged me to push forward through adversity(逆境), and helped prepare me for my future attempts. I want to use the __36__ I was blessed with to help encourage others. Everyone faces __37__ on a daily basis. They need someone to see __38__ and guide them in the right direction.
I am blessed to have people who have loved and __39__ me throughout my life. This gives me a greater __40__ to do the same for others. In my opinion, fighting through adversity is a challenge, but very __41__ when accomplished.
When I was nine years old, my teacher and physician diagnosed me with dyslexia(诵读困难症) and memory problems. The thought of being __42__ scared me. I did not want to feel __43__ or dumb. Over the years I have been able to __44__ it with the help of others. This taught me how to work __45__ for things that are important to me.
I may put in double the hours and get the same __46__ as someone else, but that has __47__ my character. I __48__ at a special needs camp every summer. This is a place for them to feel loved and __49__. Through my trials I __50__ patience to improve my abilities as a counselor.
I chose to work at the Preschool at my church and I have got __51__ to encourage four to six year old children. Weekly we encourage teamwork, sharing, and good behavior. These __52__ things, which may seem not serious at all, develop respect among each other.
Loving and helping others can __53__ the negative of a lower salary that __54__ often meet with. I believe it is more important to spend your time in a meaningful job than to work for a high income. I am looking forward to the educational classes in college and __55__the skills to inspire children to develop a love for learning.
36. A.gifts B. plans C. dreams D. ideas
37. A. changes B. trials C. chances D. choices
38. A.problems B. expectations C. benefits D. possibilities
39. A. respected B. encouraged C.praised D. understood
40. A.decision B. pressure C. desire D. limit
41. A. difficult B. ordinary C. rewarding D. boring
42. A.bitter B. different C. aggressive D.
江苏省连云港市灌南华侨高级中学2017-2018学年高二下学期期中考试物理试卷 - 灌南华侨高级中学 2017-2018 学年度第二学期期中考试 高二物理试卷 (分值:120 分 时间...[本文更多相关]
【推荐】江苏省连云港市灌南华侨高级中学2017-2018学年高一化学3月月考试题(考试必备试卷) - 灌南华侨高级中学 2017—2018 学年度第二学期 3 月份月考检测 高一...[本文更多相关]