Unit 3 Festival s and Holidays
Lesson 8 A picnic
1. Key vocabulary
2. Key structures
Tape recorder, Mul
Step 1. Warm-up
[来源:学优高考网gkstk] Ask the students questions:
1. Do you want to have a picnic?
2. What will you bring for a picnic?
3. Who do you see in the picture?
Step 2. Pre-reading
1. Let Ss pay attention to the phrase “a couple of” and think about the meaning.
2. Help Ss work out the spelling rules of plurals.
3. Review s ome phrases like a
glass of …, a piece of … Step 3. Reading
[来源:学优高考网gkstk] 1st reading
Ss read the passage to find out the main idea of the passage.
2nd reading [来源:gkstk.Com]
Ss read the passage the second time
and fill in the three forms following the ◆ 课前准备
teachers. T leads Ss to do the first one together to show how to do it.
Ss fill in the forms individua lly and check the answers in the groups.
Read the paragraphs one by one and find out the useful phrases and sentences then underline the m in the passages.
Step 4. Pair work
1. Look at the pictures. What are Jenny and her family doing? Talk about it.
2. G ive the m 5 minutes.
3. Act it out.
What do you and your family like to do together? Draw or bring a picture of your family. Talk about it and write a short passage.[来源:gkstk.Com]
Ss write down a composition about their own family’s communication tools according to the outline.
1.h ave __________
2. work __________
3. tell __________
4. sit __________[来源:gkstk.Com]
5. play __________
Step 6 Homework
Finish your writing about your family.