Unit 6 Be a Champion!
Lesson 31 Don’t Fall, Danny!
1. Learn the new words and expressions.
2. Know about the Olympic Games.
Grasp the new words and expressions.
How to say something about the Olympics?
Step 1. Lead-in
The title of Unit 6 is “Be a champion”. A champion is a person who has defeated or won against all of the competitors in a competition. Can you think of some famous
Step 2. Think About It
1) Read the questions as a class and then divide the class into gro ups to dis cuss.
2) Ask each group to share their answers with the class. Step 3. Reading [来源学优高考网gkstk]
1) Read the lesson as a class. Ask one student at a time to read a part from the les son.
2) Then have them read the lesson in groups of four and answer the true-or-false quest ions. 3) Discuss the answers and correct any false sta tements. Go over the mastery phrases for this lesson.
Step 4. Skim and Do A. Let’s Do It! NO.2
1) Ask the students to skim the reading and answer the questions independently. 2 ) Check the answers as a class. B. Role-Play
1) Instruct them to role-play the lesson in groups Read the text carefully, and write true or false. Answer the questions with their own words.
ree. 2) Select some groups to present their Role-play. Step 5. Task 1) Instruct the students to work in pairs to research some interesting world records and write the m down in a chart. 2) Ask the groups to present their records to the class in an interest ing and creativ e way. (i.e. a song, a TV commercial, a skit, a news report, etc.) Step 6. Language Points 1) 现在完成进行时: have/has been doing Mike has been watching TV since 2 o’clock. Mr. Wang has been teaching English for ten years. 2) how long “多长,多久”,对一段时间或物体的长度提问。
How long does it take you to do your homework in the evening? How long is the rope? 3) set a record “创造纪录” He set a record for eating 45 eggs in two minutes. break a record “打破纪录” Li Ming broke the school record in the sports meeting yesterday.
Step 7. Let’s Do It! NO.3
Students do the exercise independently, then check the answers in groups, and fin ally as a class.
Step 8. Summary
Learn the sentences by heart. Let Ss make the sentences by themselves. 作业
Finish the activity book and the practice. Memorize new words and phrases. [来源学优高考网gkstk]
Lesson 31. Don’t fall, Danny!
The new phrases: champion, relative
stand on one foot, set a new world record, break a record Mike has been watching
TV since 2 o’cloc k.
Mr. Wang has been teaching English for ten years.
How long does it take you to do your homework in the evening? He set a recor
d for eating 45 eggs in two minutes.
Li Ming broke the school record in the sports meeting yesterday. [来源学优高考网gkstk]
八年级英语上册Unit6lesson31HowDoYouTravel教案(新版)冀教版 - Lesson 31:How Do You Travel? 一、概述 本课是冀教版第三册第六单元的第一课...[本文更多相关]
2018年春冀教版八年级英语下册Unit6单元练习含答案_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Unit6 Movies and Theater 单元练习 一、听力(听力)(共 20 小题;共 20 分) (略...[本文更多相关]