1. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. Hobbies. B. Music. C. Play.
2. Where is Mr Jones now?
A. At home. B. At the health center. C. At his office.
3. What do the two speakers think of Tom?
A. He gets nervous very easily. B. He is not an experienced speaker.
C. He hasn’t prepared his speech well.
4. Why was the woman so late?
A. Something went wrong with the bus. B. She took somebody to hospital.C. She didn’t catch the bus.
5. What does the man mean?
A. He enjoys most types of games. B. Basketball is his favorite sport. C. He only plays basketball.
听第6 段材料，回答第6至7 题。
6. What is the man doing?
A. He is being interviewed. B. He is making a flash. C. He is playing computer games.
7. What do you think will happen after the conversation?
A. The woman will call Mr Taylor. B. The woman won’t make the website.
C. The woman won’t get in touch with Mr Taylor.
8. What is the woman going to do?
A. Prepare lunch. B. Have a party. C. Go to a friend’s house for dinner.
9. What does the woman still need?
A. A tie. B. Some flowers. C. Some candy.
10. What should one do when he goes to a friend’s house for the first time according to the woman’s mother?
A. Take something. B. Get dressed up. C. Have dinner.
11. How many times did the man call Mr Tuang last week?
A. Twice. B. Once. C. Three times.
12. What does the man want Mr Tuang to do?
A. To have dinner with him. B. To call him back. C. To visit him.
13. What’s the man’s telephone number?
A. 37460. B. 37640. C. 36470.
14. What does the woman want to do?
A. Rent a flat. B. Sell her house. C. Buy a house.
15. How many people are there in the woman’s family?
A. 2. B. 4. C. 6.
16. How much should the woman pay for the three-room flat every month?
A. 400 yuan. B. 600 yuan. C. 1,000 yuan.
17. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. You can take the lift at 12:00 pm in the building.
B. You can’t take the lift at 6:00 am in the building.
C. The three-room flat is on the 8th floor.
18. What was wrong with Mrs Jenkins?
A. Something was wrong with her heart. B. Something was wrong with her back.
C. Something was wrong with her foot.
19. What did the doctor do at first?
A. He listened to Mrs Jenkins’ voice. B. He listened to Mrs Jenkins’ heart.
C. He asked Mrs Jenkins to stop smoking.
20. What did Mrs Jenkins like to drink?
A. Tea. B. Coffee. C. Water.
21. It is a paradox that in a rich country there should be many poor people.
A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such
22. The police are to ______ the traffic accident that we don’t know _____.
A. dealing with; how to deal with B. deal with; how to deal with
C. deal with; how to do with D. do with; what to deal with
23. He is wearing sunglasses to _______ his eyes from the strong sunlight.
A. prevent B. keep C . stop D. protect
24. “The child’s life is not in danger any more,” the doctor said ________.
A. in service B. in relief C. in peace D. in charge
25. The house __________ the windows face east is my grandma’s.
A. of that B. of which C. which D. whose
26. Bob wanted to play a trick Tom, but gave himself by laughing.
A. on; over B. with; away C. with; on D. on; away
27. —Daddy, can you buy me a new MP3 when you go to Beijing?
—You ______ get one if you are admitted to a key middle school.
A. could B. shall C. may D. can
28. I am looking forward to ______ your answer as soon as possible.
A. receiving B. being received C. receive D. be received
29. When we were young, every evening my brother and I ______ stay at home waiting for our mother.
A. would B. might C. should D. could
30. Any student ______ in the exam will never ______ it.
A. who; get along with B. that; get back with
C. who; get away with D. which; get in with
31. We should spend the money ______ something _____ everyone.
A. in; that benefit B. on; which benefit C. in; which benefits D. on; that benefits
32. — His mother was ill and he had to look after her in hospital.
— That’s ________ he was absent from the meeting.
A. because B. what C. why D. which
33. Look at the sign, Sir. We don’t permit ________ in the hall.
A. smoke B. to smoke C. smoking D. to have a smoke
34. All these gifts must be mailed immediately so as to be received _________Christmas.
A. after B. in time C. in time for D. in no time
35. The way he did it was different _______ we were used to.
A. in which B. in what C. from what D. from which
第二节 完形填空（共20小题：每小题1.5分，满分30分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C和D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to 36 in his bed for an hour each afternoon for treatment. His 37 was next to the room's only window. The other man 38 spend all his time flat on his back. Every 39 when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he 40 pass the time by describing to his 41 all the things he could see outside the window. The window overlooked a 42 with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children 43 their model boats. Young lovers walked 44 among flowers. As the man by the window described all this beautifully, the other man would close his eyes and 45 the scene.
One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the 46 body of the man by the window, who had died 47 in his sleep. She was saddened and 48 the hospital attendants (服务员) to take the body away. 49 it seemed appropriate (合适的), the other man asked if he could 50 next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after 51 he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly and painfully, he sat up to take his 52 look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the 53 of seeing it for himself. He strained (紧张地) to slowly turn to 54 the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.
The man asked the nurse what could have forced his dead roommate to 55 those wonderful things outside this window. The nurse answered that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”
36. A. stand up B. lie down C. sit up D. sit down
37. A. room B. table C. seat D. bed
38. A. had to B. would rather C. prefer to D. rather than
39. A. morning B. evening C. afternoon D. dawn
40. A. will B. would C. should D. might
41. A. nurse B. workmate C. roommate D. doctor
42. A. park B. street C. garden D. field
43. A. played B. made C. started D. sailed
44. A. face to face B. shoulder to shoulder C. arm in arm D. back to back
45. A. describe B. tell C. hear D. imagine
46. A. strong B. warm C. sick D. lifeless
47. A. peacefully B. sadly C. secretly D. completely
48. A. looked B. found C. called D. ordered
49. A. Before B. As soon as C. When D. As far as
50. A. changed B. sit C. be moved D. be taken
51. A. making sure B. depending on C. making up D. accounting for
52. A. next B. first C. last D. another
53. A. surprise B. feeling C. try D. joy
54. A. look out B. look at C. glare at D. stare at
55. A. remember B. describe C. write D. talk
Stephen William Hawking was born on January 8th, 1942 in Oxford, England. His parents’ house was in North London, but during the Second World War Oxford was considered a safer place to have babies. When he was eight, his family moved to St Albans. At eleven Stephen went to St. Albans School, and then on to University College, Oxford, his father’s old college. Stephen wanted to do math, although his father would have preferred medicine. Math was not available at University College, so he did physics instead.
Stephen then went on to Cambridge to do research in Cosmology (宇宙论). After gaining his Ph.D. (哲学博士) he became first a Research Fellow, and later on a Professorial Fellow at Gonville and Caius College. After leaving the Institute of Astronomy in 1973, Stephen came to the Department of Applied Math and Theoretical Physics (理论物理), and since 1979 has held the post of Lucasian Professor of math.
Stephen Hawking has worked on the basic laws which rule the universe. With Roger Penrose he showed that Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity implied space and time would have a beginning in the Big Bang and an end in black holes. These results show it was necessary to unify (统一) General Relativity with Quantum Theory (量子论). One result of such a unification that he discovered was that black holes should not be completely black, but should give off radiation and disappear in the end.
56. Which of the following is NOT suitable for describing Stephen Hawking?
A. He once studied at the same college that his father studied at.
B. At one time he did research in Cosmology in Oxford.
C. He preferred math to medicine at college.
D. He contributed to the unification of General Theory of Relativity and Quantum Theory.
57. The underlined word “available” in the first paragraph probably means “________”.
A. able to be had B. allowed to study C. easy to understand D. limited to learn
58. Why did Stephen Hawking’s parents move to Oxford from North London?
A. Because they liked it better than North London.
B. Because there was a world-famous university there.
C. Because they were tired of living in North London.
D. Because it was safer to give birth to a bay in Oxford.
59. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage?
河北省南宫中学2012届高三9月月考(英语) - 南宫中学高 2011-2012 学年第一学期高三 9 月份月考英语试卷 共 5 页,满分 150 分,命题人:白广阔 本试卷分第...[本文更多相关]
河北省南宫中学2012届高三9月月考(数学文) - 七彩教育网 www.7caiedu.cn 免费提供 Word 版教学资源 2011 2012 学年第一学期高三 月份月考数学试题 文科) 南...[本文更多相关]
河北省南宫中学2012届高三9月月考化学试 - 京翰教育高中化学辅导网 www.jhhuaxuefudao.com 南宫中学 2011-2012 学年第一学期高三 9 月份月考化学试题 可能用...[本文更多相关]
高一英语上册知识点总结。 高一物理上学期知识点总结 高一上化学知识点总结1...2009届河北省南宫中学高三9月月考2009届河北省南宫中学高三9月月考隐藏>> 2009...[本文更多相关]
2012模拟2012模拟隐藏>> 河北省南宫中学 2012 届高三 8 月月考化学试题说明:1、本次考试共 4 页、24 个题,满分 100 分。 2、选择题部分涂在答题卡上、非...[本文更多相关]
河北省南宫中学 2012 届高三 8 月月考语文试题 特别提醒: 特别提醒:本试卷满分 150 分,时间 150 分钟 12、13、 请将单选题 1、2、3、4、5、6、12、13、...[本文更多相关]
河北省南宫中学2012届高三8月月考数学(理)试题 - 河北省南宫中学 2012 届高三 8 月月考数学(理) 一、选择题(本大题共 12 小题,每小题 5 分,在每小题...[本文更多相关]
河北省南宫中学2012届高三... 9页 10财富值 河北省南宫中学2011届高三... 9...空对月 诵明月之诗 五、14、 因为“我”在多次挫折后终于在那个七月考上了...[本文更多相关]